Thursday, January 30, 2014

Surviving the Snowpocalypse

 If you haven't heard, it snowed here...and people freaked.


First things first, Mike and I both count ourselves blessed to be among the few that made it home safely mid-day on Tuesday. I still cannot believe the chaos that a mere dusting of snow can cause. There's a lot of finger pointing happening after adults and children were stranded for 20+ hours. 

My Snow Bug


Here's my takeaway:  Snow is the south is actually pretty scary. I definitely didn't fully understand the magnitude of what it meant for it to snow here. I always thought the people down here just had some sort of Wicked Witch of the West type phobia of snowfall. Not the case. These people, this city, this state is not equipped for snow, period. I get it now.

On a lighter note, we had a cozy day at home. Starting with a yummy pancake breakfast:



Then for lunch we made our way to the park. Lot's of sledding and happiness there. Looks like all the ITP people were saved from the worst of it.



We ended up with just under 2 inches in metro Atlanta, and all of it should be gone by the weekend when it's projected to get into the 60s.


Sledding in Peidmont. There were a lot of unconventional sled choices :)

Wishing you all a safe and happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment