Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Forecast & Fall Book Review

Sigggghhh....weekend, thank you for gracing us with your presence.


First off, a Fall Bucket List update: Fall Reading List Complete! Woot Woot! 

Divergent Series, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, Wonder, and The Giver.

Now technically I have not officially finished the list because Allegiant won't come out until October 22, but I've already pre-oredered it for my nook. I might need to call in sick that day :) 

Here's my super quick review of each:

1.) Divergent Series: I couldn't put it down, but I could have done with less of the unrealistic teen love nonsense (i.e. girls sulks in secluded hallway, boy magically shows up to console her). I preferred book 2 over book 1, and am expecting the greatness to continue.

2.) Wonder: This was so cute. Very funny and very uplifting with some serious messages about bullying and being kind. Great read for all ages really.

3) The Fault in Our Stars: Loved it! So great. Definitely worth the tears. This book is about teens with cancer, so you know what you're getting yourself into from the start.

4) The Giver: This book was nicely inline with the themes in Divergent minus the love story, but I found myself wanting more plot. I felt like the first 80% of the book was setting up for what turned out to be a very short plot line. I'm excited to see the film adaptation.

5) Looking for Alaska: I had a hard time connecting with these characters. I'm not sure if it was because it was from a boys point of view, or just that The Fault in  Our Stars was sooooo good, but i found this one to be overall meh.

Geeze, I feel like that was harsh. You'd think I didn't enjoy reading those at all. Really though I read the last 4 books in 6 days. I've been quite a book worm lately. My obsession has quieted down a bit, but October 22 is only 17 days away!!

Back to the Forecast...

Have you guys seen the first Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?? If you haven't go see it. Now! Or actually finish reading this post, THEN go watch it. Seriously underrated movie.

Mike and I have a special love for Cloudy and even made-up our  ( )'_'( ) emoticon based on the 2nd most awkward kiss of all time. For the first most awkward kiss click here at your own discretion (warning: you can't un-see this).

Source


Well Cloudy 2 has arrived!!! We tried going last week, but alas I was exhausted. Tonight's the big night! It's been FOR-EV-ER since we did a real person date. I'm pumped.


Saturday, Mike and I are heading to Hoptoberfest with some new Atlanta buddies. After a week of headaches, I have mixed emotions about spending Saturday day-drinking, but hey, I wasn't raised in WI for nothing. I might need to add making pretzel necklaces to my Saturday morning itinerary :)

Source


Mike is volunteering at a 5k on Sunday which means.....GIRLIE TIME!! I haven't yet decided how I'll be spending my precious alone time. Sadly I think grocery shopping and some cleaning might make it on to the list. I'm sure I'll fit in plenty of Glee to balance it out.

Happy Friday! Try to sneak in some romance if you can!




No comments:

Post a Comment