Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Recap: Soooo Many Roller-coasters

Hello Hi! Welcome back to real life.

It was a surprisingly eventful weekend for us. Saturday started with errands as planned. Then on the way to errand number one, my precious iPhone went kaput. It's actually been dying slowly over time. About a month ago the menu button stopped working reliably. Then I started getting this "no SIM card" error. It was annoying, but I was making due. On Saturday the top lock button stopped working. That was the last straw. Since Mike needs to be added to my plan anyway we decided to add AT&T to our list of stops. Well one thing led to another, and I ended up walking out of there with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4.


Source


I think it's going to take a bit to get used to getting around in this phone after 6 years with an iphone, but so far so good.

Sunday was Six Flags over Georgia day. Lots of fun, lots of rides, lots of sunscreen.

Go big or go home. We went right for the biggest ride in the park to start of the day.


One of the girls in our group grew up in Atlanta and has been to the park more times than she can count. We quickly nominated her to be our tour guide. We were not disappointed.

Favorite rides for me: The Mindbender - Loops and hills with only a lap bar! Looooved it!

Source


Monster Mansion -  It's a Small World meets Monsters Inc. with a dark twist mid-ride. Also I'm pretty sure it was originally named Monster Plantation...only in the south right?

Source


Mike's Favorite: Batman - Same ride as the one at Great America. Even the line with the park and sewer and staircase was similar.

Source

If you want to be reminded that you aren't a kid anymore, try spending a day at an amusement park. After riding all the rides I was beat and ready to go home. Luckily it only took a shower, a mini-nap, and a day early Moe's run for me to be back to 100%.

And yes, I rode the Sky Screamer. Mike said even from the ground he could tell I was smiling the whole time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment