Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap: Lots of Sports...I'm Exhausted

Monday again...Whomp whomp. 


Today I'm feeling particularly exhausted. Fingers-crossed I haven't picked up one of the bugs that have been going around. Most likely it's just a lot of late nights finally catching up with me.



Seriously can we get an extra day?? This is exactly why being able to freeze time would be the greatest superpower. Don't even try to argue with me about flying...that would be exhausting and you know it.

Anyway....here's the highlight reel:

BRAVES GAME!!!

We had a great time at the game. It was a perfect night game. The weather was great. The food was delish. And the game itself was short and sweet. WIN!



BADGER GAME!!

We finally made it out to the official Badger bar...we were NOT disappointed. We honestly had no idea what to expect. When we got there the Georgia game was wrapping up, and the place was packed with Dawgs fans. Once their game was over the space cleared out a bit. There was a smaller, semi-private bar area where the alumni group met up. We got to meet some new Badgers. Despite the game outcome we had a great time.

New Badger friend!


*it was brought to my attention that the buckeye nut is actually poisonous, however the jury is still out on whether they are poisonous to badgers as well. I suspect they aren't.

BIRTHDAY AND FOOTBALL SUNDAY!

Mike's actual b-day was on Sunday. I woke up bright and early to decorate and set up his surprise:

Yeah it says Buttday. I'm hilarious.


Knowing my husband's Sunday activity preferences, I opted to give him the gift of permission to sit in front of the TV all day.



Coke, chips, trail mix, candy, and.....Madden 25. He was pumped and got to playing ASAP.

Seriously...having fun :)


I told Mike he could pick whatever dessert he wanted, and that I would make it happen. Not surprisingly he asked for funfetti. Since most box mixes have milk or egg products in them, I made an attempt at homemade funfetti and did a pretty good job. Except for one thing....

I totally skipped greasing the pan. Big mistake. In order to get the cake out I had to basically crumble it into a bunch of pieces. 

Deconstructed Funfetti cake...Top Chef eat your heart out.


Moral of the story: when life hands you a pile of cake crumbles...pop them on a cake stand, add some blue frosting, and move on with your day :)





No comments:

Post a Comment