Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dinner Duggar Style: Tomato Soup-erole

Hello party people! Raise your hand if you love the Duggars!!


Have you noticed that these pots are going up later in the day? I'm busy busy at work since my boss had her baby!!! Fun times. Anyway...

One of the things I didn't mention in my recap post was that we've been watching A LOT of Duggar's at our place. I started the marathon before Mike's fam arrived, and lucky for me both Mike's mom and sis are fans of the show.  Now that they are gone I've lost possession of the big screen, and our living room is looking a lot like this:

Dang. He caught me.


The recipe I'm bring you today was very, VERY loosely inspired by Anna Duggar's Chicken-etti Recipe.  Basically her thrown together chicken/spaghetti mash-up inspired me to make a mash-up of my own. Tomato Soup + Pasta Casserole = Tomato Soup-erole!



What You'll Need:
1/2 box a pasta
1 can tomato soup
1 1/2 cans water
1 Tbs corn starch
1 Tbs nutritional yeast
12 saltine crackers
Salt & pepper to taste

First, pre-heat your oven to 400 and get your pasta cooking on the stove to al dente. Now start working on the soup.



Add the soup and water to a small sauce pan and heat to a low boil. Add the corn starch and stir continually while soup thickens. Add the nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste. The saltine crust will add a lot of salt to the over all taste, so keep that in mind.



Once the pasta is al dente, pour it into an oven-safe casserole dish then cover with the soup.



Crumble the saltines over the top of the casserole. Pop it into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the saltines start to look toasted.



Let it cool for 5-10 minutes then dish it up and enjoy!



Happy munching!


No comments:

Post a Comment